The best part- music

Production has been completed and I realized I never spoke on behalf of our soundtrack for our opening sequence. My other group members may have talked about it ealrier but it slipped my mind while editing. Given our thriller/scary theme, it would be most appropriate to find suspenseful and eerie soundtracks to accompany our songs. I decided to research more of that feeling when looking for music. The entire premise revolves around two girls enjoying a fun reunion with an unexpected audience. The majority of the film will be cheery, but when the stalker appears, the eerie and disturbing soundtrack is employed. Because there will be a lot of dialogue throughout the movie, the background music will be lowered, but it will be heard. Since we have dialogue during the film, it was best we had songs without lyrics. Because many of these soundtracks are copyrighted, it's crucial to  read the descriptions before using them.  Each group member choice different songs for the final outcome! I went with a suspeneful feelings with the help of youtube. I found and choice music from a composer from California. David Fesliyan offers his royaly free music on youtube for anyones choosing! 

I know Lucia went with a more upbeat theme for the happier parts of the film but i just focused on one point. The song choices will be put for different parts of the movie and used according. It was possible to find and add popular songs, as we don't have any copyright difficulties. We decided we did not want to do that for the sake of time and possible delays. In order to be granted appoval of the songs we would have to reach out to the music artist(s) and/ or management.. We did not want to risk them not answering in time and choice our route of uncopy right music. 

I'm excited to hear what everyone comes up with because we all have diverse creative views for the music. My songs are best fit for the project, so I'm hopeful they'll be chosen for the needed parts. My group is one step closer to completing the project, and I'm excited to hear everyone's thoughts on our final song choices.


Comments